- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Goulash Recipe
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Red pepper||1 Small|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (large clove)|
|Button mushrooms||2 Ounce|
|Pork tenderloin||8 Ounce, well trimmed|
|Hot paprika||2 Teaspoon (plus extra for dusting)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||7 Ounce (1 can)|
|Fresh tagliatelle||6 Ounce|
|Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||3 Ounce (small bunch)|
|Soured cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
Calories 825 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.9%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.6 mg
Sodium 525.8 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44.1%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 43 g85.2%
Vitamin A 188.5% Vitamin C 255.1%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 48.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the onion. Cut the pepper in half, discard the core and seeds, and finely chop the flesh.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and half the butter, add onion and pepper and stir to coat. Add garlic, salt to the pan and continue to cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until softened.
3. Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan, stirring to coat.
4. Cut the pork into 1 ½-inch long strips and add to the pan, stirring to coat and continue to cook until lightly browned.
5. Add 2 teaspoons of paprika and the flour into the pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in the stock and add the tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 5 minutes until the meat is tender.
6. In a pan of boiling salted water, plunge the tagliatelle and cook for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Drain the tagliatelle and toss in the remaining butter and the poppy seeds.
7. Chop the parsley and stir into the pork.
8. On warmed serving plates, arrange the tagliatelle, making a slight dip in the centre and spoon in the pork mixture.
9. Add a dollop of soured cream and sprinkle over a little more paprika. Serve at once.