- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Fillet with Sauted Leek Recipe Video
|Pork fillet||250 Gram|
|Red chili||1 Medium|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|Double cream||250 Milliliter|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to shallow fry)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Apple r sti||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (use as desired)|
Calories 1544 Calories from Fat 1121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.2%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4643.7 mg193.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 34 g67.7%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 104.4%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife, trim off any sinew from around the pork fillet and cut into about 2cm lengths to get six evenly sized pieces.
2. Taking one piece at a time, lay the pork flat on your board and cover with cling film.
3. Then, using a rolling pin, gently hammer out the pork until it is about three times its size and quite thin.
4. Season each one, place on a clean dish, cover with cling film and place it in the fridge for later.
5. Wash the leeks. Peel away a few of the larger outside leaves. With these outer leaves, dry well and cut into very fine strips about 10cm long.
6. Pour some oil into a frying pan and heat on the hob.
7. When the oil is hot, carefully add the strips of leek a few at a time and fry until brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and allow to drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. Then, put aside until later, when they will provide an good garnish for the final dish.
8. Finely shred the remaining leek.
9. Wipe the mushrooms with a clean, damp cloth and cut into small dice.
10. Peel and finely dice the shallot.
11. Cut the chilli into half lengthways, de-seed and finely dice. Peel and crush the clove of garlic.
12. Weigh the remaining ingredients.
13. Keep the readymade rösti warm in a low-heated oven.
14. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat on the hob. Add a little oil then add the shredded leek. Sauté for a few minutes until the leeks are soft.
15. Season, then add a tablespoon or two of the cream (just enough to bind the leeks together). Remove from the pan and keep warm.
16. Quickly wipe out the pan using some kitchen paper and return to the hob. Turn up the heat to high and add a touch of oil.
17. When the oil is hot, add the slices of pork fillet. Just flash fry on each side for a few moments until the pork has taken on a little color. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
18. Keeping the pan on a high heat, add the garlic, mushrooms, chilli and shallots. Stir-fry for a few moments, then very carefully add the brandy. Allow the alcohol to burn off.
19. Stir in the Dijon mustard and finally add the cream. Bring almost to the boil and turn off the heat.
20. Season the sauce to your personal taste.
21. Place a rösti onto the centre of your warmed plates.
22. Then add a slice of the pork fillet, spoon over some of the sauté leeks then another slice of pork fillet, leek once again and top off with another slice of pork fillet.
23. Then, spoon over some of the wonderful sauce and garnish with a small pile of fried leeks.
24. Serve immediately.