- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chow Mein Recipe
|Egg noodles||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Pork fillet||10 Ounce, cut into matchstick strips (300 Gram)|
|Pork fillet||10 Ounce, cut|
|Corn flour||3 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Groundnut oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Bamboo shoots||4 Ounce, cut into matchstick strips (125 Gram)|
|Bamboo shoots||4 Ounce|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , cut into matchstick strips|
|Spinach||4 Ounce, shredded (125 Gram)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 95.3 mg
Sodium 980 mg40.8%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 32 g63.9%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow bowl, mix pork with 2 teaspoons of corn flour.
2. Add soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar and the remaining corn flour to the meat.
1. In a saucepan, boil water.
2. Add noodles and simmer for 5 minutes until it is just soft.
3. Drain water thoroughly and rinse with cold water.
4. In a wok, heat half of the groundnut oil.
5. Spread noodles in a large bowl.
6. Pour over the hot oil and toss to coat.
7. Put the noodles back into the wok, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
8. Transfer the stir fried noodles on a serving dish.
9. In the same wok, heat the remaining groundnut oil and stir-fry bamboo shoots, cucumber, spinach and pork for 3 minutes.
10. Add soy sauce mixture and stir until the liquids thicken.
11. Pour the stir fried vegetable mixture over the noodles.
12. Garnish with the sesame oil and then serve immediately.