- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops with Walnuts Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , thickly sliced|
|Toasted walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cauliflower||1 , broken into florets|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1 , chopped|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg
Sodium 369.5 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 32 g64.2%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 204.9%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a sauté pan and heat the oil.
2) Sear the chops on one side.
3) Take the thin onion rings and brown them before removing them from the pan.
4) Add the thick onion rings to the pan and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
5) Stir the walnuts in after pouring in some white wine and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
6) Add extra wine if required.
7) Insert a steamer in the center of the pan and put in the cauliflower florets.
8) Put the cover on and cook for 5 minutes.
9) Add some red pepper to the pork chops just before the cooking process is completed.
10) Add grated nutmegs before removing the cauliflower florets from the heat.
11) Arrange the pork chops on a platter.
12) Garnish with thin onion rings and cauliflower florets.
13) Serve hot.