- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops With Balsamic Apples Recipe Video
|Apple/Pink lady apple||1 , peeled, cored & thinly sliced|
|Pork chops||2 Large, flattened to ½ inch thickness (bone in)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Unsalted buter||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic honey vinegar||2 Tablespoon (HONEY RICH FARMS)|
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 94.3 mg31.4%
Sodium 253.7 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 3% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel, core, and thinly slice the apple and set aside.
2. Season the flattened pork chops with kosher salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a large pan, add olive oil and heat on medium high. Add pork chops and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pork chops from pan and tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Add 1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter, with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan, and scrape slightly with a rubber spatula up to brown.
5. Add sliced apples and season with a light sprinkling of salt. When the apples are slightly soft, add in brown sugar, water, and Balsamic Honey Vinegar.
6. Cook the sauce until thickened, season with more salt if needed.
7. Add the pork chops back into the pan and coat in the sauce, turning with tongs to flip them, to make sure they’re nicely coated on both sides.
8. Place to a serving platter and garnish with the apples and remaining sauce on top. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and salad.