- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops Stuffed With Ham And Cheese Recipe
|Swiss cheese||1⁄4 Pound, shredded|
|Sliced cooked ham||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Pork loin chops||6 (1 Inch Thick)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1 (1 Envelope)|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, each cut in quarters|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2527 Calories from Fat 1402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g242.6%
Saturated Fat 59.5 g297.4%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 849.4 mg
Sodium 2896.4 mg120.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 209 g417.2%
Vitamin A 144.6% Vitamin C 79.2%
Calcium 119.9% Iron 68.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook chopped cucumber until tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon cucumber into medium-sized bowl; stir in Swiss cheese, ham, bread crumbs, parsley, and egg until blended.
3. With knife, cut each pork chop from rib side parallel to the surface of the chop to form a pocket. Stuff pockets with ham-and-cheese mixture. Rub chops with paprika and salt.
4. In same skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook stuffed chops, 3 at a time, until well browned on both sides, removing chops from skillet as they brown.
5. Return chops to skillet; add bouillon, rosemary, and 1 1/2 cups water; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 50 minutes, basting chops occasionally with liquid in skillet. Add mushrooms; cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until chops are fork-tender. Remove chops to large platter; keep warm.
6. Skim off fat from liquid in skillet. In cup, mix flour and 1/4 cup water until blended. Gradually stir flour mixture into liquid in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly and boils. Pour sauce over pork chops. Garnish with cucumber slices.