- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops Stuffed With Apples And Pears Recipe
|Canola oil/Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Leeks/1 small onion||2 , trimmed and sliced|
|Tart apples||2 , peeled, cored, and diced|
|Ripe pear||1 , cored and diced|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely grated orange zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bone in pork loin chops||48 Ounce (6 Pieces, 8 Ounce Each, 1 Inch Thick)|
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||6|
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 190.8 mg
Sodium 153.9 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 59 g118.8%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 132.1%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Using a sharp knife, trim excess fat from the pork chops.
3. With the tip of a sharp knife, make a deep slit from the rounded end in each chop to make a pocket
4. In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
5. Add the leeks and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
6. Add the apples, pear, and sage. Sweat the fruit for about 3 minutes.
7. Stir in 1/2 cup apple juice and the stock and bring to a rapid boil.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for about 2 minutes until the fruit is slightly soft.
Drain the fruit mixture, reserving the liquid in the saucepan. Allow the fruit to cool slightly.
9. Stir the orange zest into the fruit mixture when it has cooled
Spoon the fruit mixture into the pork chops stuffing them firmly.
Coat a nonstick pan with vegetable oil and heat well over a medium high flame.
10. Add 3 chops, and sear for 2 minutes on each side.
11. Repeat with second batch.
Place the stuffed chops in a nonstick roasting pan and pour over the remaining apple juice.
12. Roast chops for about 1 hour or until tender and the internal temperature of the meat is 170°F.
13. Transfer the chops to a serving platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep them warm.
14. Skim off the fat from the roasting pan.
15. Stir the reserved fruit poaching liquid into the pan juices and place over moderate heat.
16. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the liquid thickens to gravy consistency.
17. Spoon the sauce over the chops and serve with a green salad.