- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops Italiano Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork chops||1 1⁄2 Pound (Each 1/2 Inch Thick, 6 Chops)|
|Spaghetti sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (With Mushrooms And Green Pepper Or Any Flavor You Like)|
|Cooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs), hot|
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.3 mg
Sodium 374.4 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 30 g59.4%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 4% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large, casserole or pan large enough to accommodate the chops, heat the oil over medium-high flame.
2. When hot but not smoking, arrange the chops in the pan, and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes each side until evenly seared and fat is rendered.
3. Remove the chops onto a platter and keep aside.
4. Drain off excess fat.
5. Tip in the sauce and bring to a boil, stirring to dislodge the browned bits.
6. Return the chops to the skillet, cover and reduce heat.
7. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chops are tender.
8. Divide the hot cooked rice equally among 4 dinner plates.
9. Place a chop on each and spoon the sauce on top.