- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops In Cider Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Pork chops||4 , trimmed of excess fat|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Cider||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||1|
|Double cream||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1243 Calories from Fat 706
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.4%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g87.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 312.7 mg
Sodium 661.1 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 96 g191.4%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2 Preheat a large browning dish to maximum according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding the oil during the last 30 seconds. (Or, put the oil into a shallow ovenproof dish and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute until hot.)
3. Without removing the dish from the oven, place the chops in the oil and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 6-8 minutes, turning them over and re-positioning after 3 minutes. Remove the chops from the dish and set them aside.
4. Stir the flour into the oil remaining in the cooking dish, microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, then gradually stir in the cider.
5. Microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes until boiling, stirring frequently. Stir in 30 ml (2 tbsp) water.
6. Return the chops to the dish and add the rosemary, spooning the sauce over the chops. Cover the dish with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes until the sauce returns to the boil. Reduce the setting and microwave on LOW for 15-20 minutes until the chops are tender.
7. Pour the cream over the chops and season well with salt and pepper. Allow them to stand for 5 minutes before serving.