- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops with Onion and Apple Sauce Recipe Video
|Pork loin chops||2|
|Gala apple||2 , chopped|
|Garlic clove||2 Large|
|Marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 706 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.8%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg
Sodium 1236.7 mg51.5%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.7%
Sugars 47.1 g
Protein 27 g53.5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. In a skillet pour in the extra virgin olive oil and let heat.
3. Add in the garlic and sauté for few minutes. Take out the garlic from the pan and keep aside.
4. Place the pork chop in the skillet and sear for 5 minutes. Turn the side of the pork loin season with salt and add in the herbs. Sear for another 5 minutes.
5. Take out the chops from the pan and keep aside.
6. Add in the extra virgin olive oil in the same skillet, followed by onion and apples.
7. Season with salt and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the beer to make deglaze.
8. Place the pork chops over the deglaze sauce. Turn off the heat and place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
9. Serve Pork Chops with red wine and enjoy!