- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops and Rice Casserole Recipe
|Pork chops||6 (3/4 to 1-inch thick)|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Cream of chicken soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cream of celery soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
Calories 1587 Calories from Fat 613
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.8%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 245.9 mg
Sodium 3231.4 mg134.6%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 88 g176.1%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim excess fat off the pork chops.
2. In a bowl, blend together chicken soup, mushroom soup and celery soup with some water.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil and sear pork chops on both sides without cooking.
4. In a 13X9 -€“ inch baking dish, add uncooked rice and pour the blended soups over it and stir gently.
5. Arrange the seared pork chops on top.
6. Cover the casserole and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 60 minutes.
7. Remove cover and bake for another 30 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice tender.
8. Serve hot.