- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chop Suey Recipe
|Lean boneless pork shoulder||3 Pound, cut in 1 inch cubes|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped to make 2 cups|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth/4 chicken bouillon cubes||4 Tablespoon (4 Envelopes)|
|Canned mushrooms||6 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Celery||4 Cup (64 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned bean sprouts||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.1 mg
Sodium 788.2 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 56 g111.2%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 33.8%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil and brown the pork cubes. Remove the cubes and set aside.
2. Add onions and sautÃ© until the onions are softer.
3. Add the pork again to the pan and then add brown sugar, ginger, salt, pepper, chicken broth or bouillon cubes, mushrooms and 4 cups of the water.
4. Cover the pan and simmer for 40 minutes or until pork is softer.
5. Take a 6-cup freezer container and add half of the mixture. Add in 2 cups of the celery.
6. Let it cool, cover, label, date and freeze.
7. Stir the remaining 2 cups celery in the mixture and cover the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Blend together cornstarch, soy sauce and remaining 1/2 cup water. Mix this with meat mixture. Cook while stirring constantly until it boils for 3 minutes.
9. Add drained bean sprouts and heat again until it turns bubbly-hot.
10. Serve with any rice or Chinese fried noodles.