- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chop and Potato Bake Recipe
|Rib pork chops/Shoulder pork chops||8 Pound (4 Chops, 2 Pound Each)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced (4 Medium Sized)|
|Condensed cheddar cheese soup||11 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
Calories 1500 Calories from Fat 554
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.6%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g106.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 504.1 mg168%
Sodium 1385.6 mg57.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 201 g402%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 41.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a damp paper towel cloth, wipe pork chops and trim extra fat from chops.
3. In a medium skillet, heat fat and brown chops well on both sides; season with salt and pepper.
4. Drain the browned chops well on paper towels.
5. In a 2-quart shallow casserole (about 10 inches in diameter), place pork chops at the bottom.
6. Then, layer with onion slices and then potato slices over the top.
7. Pour cheese soup over all the dish.
8. Cover and bake for 1 hour until meat and potato are tender.
9. Serve hot with bread.