- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chili Verde Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Pork stew meat||1 Pound, cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, drained, diced (1 Can)|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg
Sodium 348.8 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium (2- quart) microwave casserole or dish, combine onion and garlic.
2. Cover dish with plastic wrap
3. Microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes until onion is limp
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix.
5. Cover dish with plastic wrap and pierce in 2-3 place with knife to allow steam to escape.
6. Place in the microwave and set the power at 5
7. Cook for about 30 minutes or until pork is fork tender, stirring occasionally.
8. Serve the pork, and sauce over rice on tacos or with beans.