- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Casserole With Beans And Vegetables Recipe
|Dried white beans||1 Pound, soaked overnight|
|Pork shank||3 Pound, cut in 1-inch thick slices|
|Small onions||3⁄4 Pound|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4070 Calories from Fat 1222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.7%
Saturated Fat 72.2 g361.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 912.8 mg
Sodium 2370.9 mg98.8%
Total Carbohydrates 357 g118.9%
Dietary Fiber 78 g311.9%
Sugars 39.7 g
Protein 404 g807.8%
Vitamin A 567.1% Vitamin C 98.6%
Calcium 141.4% Iron 275.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Parboil the onions. Trim carrots and cut in slices.
3. Brown the pork slices in the butter. Season and transfer to a stew pan.
4. Fry onions and carrot slices in the remaining butter and transfer to stew pan.
5. Whisk the frying pan with some water and pour liquid over the pork.
6. Add the boiled white beans, the tomatoes with their liquid, bay leaves, and thyme.
7. Simmer, covered, until pork meat is tender, about 40 minutes.