- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Belly Buns Recipe Video
|Pork belly||1 Pound, with skin and fat removed|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White wine||4 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot brand cube)|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise with sriracha||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 889 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg
Sodium 3210.8 mg133.8%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 64.3 g
Protein 57 g113.9%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rub the pork belly with brown sugar and salt on both sides and leave it overnight to cure.
2. Then wash it under running water, roll it and tie with a string or thread all over.
3. In a pan heat chicken stock and white wine together.
4. Halve the tied pork, submerge in the chicken stock mixture and let it cook for 2 hours along with 2 Dorot ginger cubes.
5. Once it is done and tender, slice it, place in a pan and spoon over hoisin sauce.
6. Place it in the oven to keep it warm.
7. Take 2 steamed buns, spoon over mayonnaise and top with lettuce.
8. Place the pork slice over the lettuce and top with the other bun.