- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork And Rice Recipe
|Loin pork||8 Ounce|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Long grain rice||4 Ounce|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄2 Pint|
|Frozen peas||6 Ounce, thawed (1 Small Packet)|
Calories 683 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.7 mg
Sodium 620.7 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 32 g64.9%
Vitamin A 35.2% Vitamin C 35.8%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the pork into ½ inch pieces and roll each piece in seasoned flour.
2. Take a saucepan and heat the fat. Brown the pork slices in the hot fat. Take out all the pork slices from the hot fat.
3. Add the onions in the hot fat and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain the fat and add the rice. Put the meat again in a separate pan.
4. Slowly add the stock and seasonings. Bring it to boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
5. Add the peas in the rice and cook for additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot with tossed salad.