- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork and Pineapple Stir-Fry Recipe Video
|Ontario pork||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), mince|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Green onion||8 , cut into 1-inch pieces (white and green part separated)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar snap pea||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chunk|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted cashews||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 1510 Calories from Fat 629
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.4%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.3 mg
Sodium 3349.9 mg139.6%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.6%
Sugars 71.4 g
Protein 81 g161.5%
Vitamin A 103.4% Vitamin C 312.2%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 87.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add pork, corn starch, salt, and pepper. Stir.
2. Place a large skillet on medium high heat. Pour oil and insert pork in it. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes or until brown.
3. Throw garlic, white part of onion, and gingerroot. Mix and cook for a minute.
4. Stir in rice vinegar, and let it evaporate for about 30 seconds.
5. On a plate transfer fried pork.
6. In the same skillet, add hoisin sauce, and chicken broth. Stir and scrape brown bits.
7. Insert snap peas, red bell pepper, and pineapple. Cook for 2 minutes.
8. Return pork to pan. Add remaining green onion. Mix and cook until sauce thickens slightly.
9. Sprinkle cashews, and serve pork hot over rice.