- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork and Pepper Casserole Recipe
|Pork fillets||1 Pound, sliced (450g)|
|Flour||2 Ounce (50g)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50g)|
|Onions||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cored, seeded and sliced|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and chopped (225g)|
|Tomato juice||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.3 mg
Sodium 73.4 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 100.2%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. Coat the pork slices in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
3. In a pan, melt half the butter add the pork and fry briskly until browned on all sides.
4. Transfer to a casserole dish.
5. In the pan, melt the remaining butter add the onion and peppers and fry gently until soft.
6. Spoon over the pork together with the tomatoes.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then pour over the tomato juice.
8. In the preheated moderate oven bake with cover for 1 hour or until the pork is tender.
9. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Cool quickly and leave in the casserole or pour into a rigid container. Cover, then wrap the casserole in a freezer bag or foil. Seal, label and freeze.
10. To serve the frozen dish, remove wrappings and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
11. Reheat gently on top of the stove, stirring occasionally, or in a preheated moderate oven (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4) for 1 hour until heated through.