- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork and Lemon Pasties Recipe
|Lard||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound, finely diced (225 gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Milk||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (use finely grated rind and juice)|
|Sultanas||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (made with 225 gram / 1/2 pound flour)|
|Egg/Milk||1 , beaten (for glaze)|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.7 mg
Sodium 237.3 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 11 g21.5%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to (200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6).
2. In a pan, melt the lard and fry the onion and pork until the pork is browned on all sides.
3. Add the flour and stir well.
4. Stir adding the milk, lemon rind and juice, sultanas (seedless white raisins) until the mixture thickens.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. On a floured surface, roll out the dough divide into 4 equal portions and roll each into a 15 cm/6 inch round.
7. Divide the pork mixture between the rounds of dough, mounding it in the centre.
8. Moisten the edges with water, fold in half and press and pinch the edges firmly together with the join on the top.
9. If you wish to freeze open (flash) freeze until firm, then wrap in foil. Seal, label and return to freezer.
10. To serve the frozen dish, remove wrappings and place on a baking sheet.
11. Brush the dough with egg or milk and bake from frozen in a preheated moderately hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
12. Cover with foil if the pastry becomes too brown.