- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork and Apples In Cream Recipe
|Apple||1 Small, pared, cored, and sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 , sliced|
|Granulated brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (No Sugar Added)|
|Dry sherry||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), evaporated|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Pork||8 Ounce, sliced, cooked|
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 385.2 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In 9-inch skillet,put margarine,heat till it is bubbly and hot.
2) Now add apple, onion, and brown sugar and fry quickly by turning frequently until onion is tender and translucent.
3) Combine apple juice and sherry and allow the mixture to boil.
4) Lower heat to a simmer and cook further for about 3 minutes,but cook only to an extent where apples are still firm and not too mushy.
5) Scatter flour over the mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
6) Add milk, salt, and pepper and cook, mixing all the while till it thickens a little but do not boil.
7) Now add pork slices and reduce to a simmer till the mixture is well heated.
8) Portion pork between plates and spoon apple cream mixture over the top before serving.