- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork and Apple Cabbage Rolls Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely grated|
|Bacon rashers||2 , chopped|
|Green apple||1 , peeled, cored and grated|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Lean pork||1 Pound, minced (500 Grams)|
|Brown rice||4 Ounce, cooked (125 Grams)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cabbage leaves||8 Large|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon (Puree)|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup/125 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||12 Fluid Ounce (11/2 Cup/375 Milliliter)|
|Sour cream||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup/125 Grams)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4430 Calories from Fat 1351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g235.8%
Saturated Fat 63.5 g317.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 711.4 mg
Sodium 2260.3 mg94.2%
Total Carbohydrates 593 g197.7%
Dietary Fiber 202.7 g810.7%
Sugars 264.9 g
Protein 229 g457.1%
Vitamin A 432.9% Vitamin C 4522.8%
Calcium 330.9% Iron 280.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place pork, rice, egg, black pepper to taste and onion mixture in a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Boil, steam or microwave cabbage leaves until soft. Refresh under cold running water, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and trim stalks.
4. Divide meat mixture between cabbage leaves and roll up, tucking in sides. Secure with wooden toothpicks or cocktail sticks.
5. Melt 30 g/1 oz butter in a frying pan, add rolls and cook, turning several times, until lightly browned. Transfer rolls to a shallow ovenproof dish.
6. Melt remaining butter in pan over a medium heat, stir in paprika and flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste (puree), wine and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and whisk in sour cream. Pour sauce over rolls, cover and bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 1 hour.