- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork A La Crème Recipe
|Unsalted butter||100 Gram|
|Pork fillet||450 Gram, trimmed of sinew and cut into bite-size pieces|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram, sliced|
|Dried oregano/Herbes de provence||1 Pinch|
|Soft cheese||200 Gram|
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g100.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.8 mg
Sodium 191.2 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In large frying pan, saute the pork for 6-7 minutes in the melted butter, then remove from the pan and keep aside.
2) Saute the onion until brown, stir in the mushrooms, herbs and wine. Allow to boil, until reduced by half.
3) In a bowl, mix and soften the soft cheese. Stir in a little reduced cooking liquor and blend into a creamy sauce.
4) Return to the pan, stir in the sauteed pork and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Serve immediately with steamed new potatoes and a green salad.