- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
European Poppy Seed Noodles Recipe
|Wide noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package, 7 Or 8 Ounces Or 3 Cups)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted (1/2 Stick)|
|Poppy seed||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1178.6 mg49.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large kettle, take 3 quarts of water and salt; bring it to a rapid boil.
2. Stir in the noodles and bring it to boil again.
3. Uncover and stir occasionally with a long fork to prevent sticking for 7-10 minutes until just tender; do not overcook.
4. In a colander or sieve, drain the noodles; do not rinse.
5. In a large mixing bowl, toss noodles with melted margarine and poppy seed.
6. Serve with any meat dishes.