- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2086 Calories from Fat 777
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g137.9%
Saturated Fat 38.2 g191.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 355 mg118.3%
Sodium 2827.7 mg117.8%
Total Carbohydrates 272 g90.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g82%
Sugars 60.7 g
Protein 53 g105.1%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 245.1% Iron 117.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease the muffin tins.
2) In a small bowl, put milk and poppy seeds.
3) Let stand for 10 minutes or so.
4) In a bowl, beat butter, egg and sugar until creamy.
5) Add vanilla to egg and stir in poppy seed mixture.
6) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
7) Stir to mix thoroughly.
8) Make well in center.
9) Pour wet mixture in well.
10) Stir only to moisten.
11) Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full with muffin batter..
12) Bake at 400°F (200°C) in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
13) Let the muffins stand for 5 minutes then remove from tins.
14) Serve the warm muffins with tea or coffee.