- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poppy Seed Gugelhupf Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Cool Room Temperature, 2 Sticks)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 Large (At Room Temperature)|
|Lemon zest||1 , grated|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seeds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), ground|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Golden rum||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 423 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.1 mg
Sodium 142.4 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350°F.
2) Place rack at the center of oven and heat to 350°F.
3) Grease the inside of a 9- to 9 1/2-inch Gugelhupf mold or fluted cake pan with butter using a cylinder-shaped pastry brush.
4) Sprinkle flour over it and tap out the excess.
5) In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer beat butter for 1 minute on high speed until smooth.
6) Beat in the confectioners' sugar using a handheld electric mixer on low speed.
7) Turn the speed to high and beat for 3 minutes until the mixture is very pale.
8) In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add poppy seeds to it.
9) Mix milk, rum, and vanilla in a glass-measuring cup.
10) Add half of the flour, then half of the milk and repeat the process.
11) Spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
12) Bake for around 50 to 60 minutes.
13) Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert on the rack to unmold.
14) Cool completely before serving.