- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar/Cider vinegar /cranberry juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Poppy seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 506
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.6%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 488.5 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.85%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In an electric blender container, add the oil, vinegar, dry mustard, onion, salt and sugar together.
2) Cover and process the ingredients on a low speed until well blended.
3) Add the poppy seeds and whirl to mix.
4) Cover and store in the refrigerator until required or upto one month.
5) When required, bring the dressing to the room temperature and shake well.
6) Use as required.