- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poppy Seed Dinner Rolls HD Recipe Video
|Quick rising dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs), divided|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), chilled|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Non-stick spray||2 Dash|
|Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.3%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.9 mg
Sodium 57.8 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Coat a 12-cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a mixer bowl, dissolve quick-rising dry yeast with ¼ tsp. sugar in warm water and let it stand until the mixture is slightly foamy.
3. Attach the paddle attachment to the stand mixer and add in milk, oil, egg, sugar, poppy seeds and salt. Mix well until everything is combined, for 30 seconds.
4. Gradually add in 1 cup of flour to the batter and mix it until smooth-for 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape out the mixture.
5. In a bowl add in the remaining flour and butter. Combine using a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add the flour mixture to the batter in the mixing bowl.
6. Attach the dough hook attachment to the mixer turn to speed 2 and add in the flour mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. Knead on speed 2 until smooth, about 2 minutes longer. Add up to 1/3 of a cup of flour-more if the dough remains sticky.
7. Remove the bowl from the mixer and cover with a towel. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it nearly doubles in size.
8. After 30 minutes on a floured surface, knead dough for 4 minutes until it's smooth and elastic.
9. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and place one portion on a floured surface. Refrigerate the remaining portions.
10. Roll out the dough to a 12x12x1/8-inch rectangle. Cut the dough lengthwise into 6 2-inch strips and stack the strips to form 6 layers.
11. Cut the stacks into 6 equal portions, each about 2-inch squares.
12. Place each stack on their edge, cut side down, in the prepared muffin cups. Repeat with the remaining dough sections.
13. Cover the muffin top with a saran wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it nearly doubles in size.
14. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
15. Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
16. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
17. Serve dinner roll with honey and butter.