- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Popovers with Creamed Chicken Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed (Or Canned)|
|Canned mushrooms||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Salt/Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.1 mg
Sodium 506.5 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.22 g0.88%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F
2. Grease 4 custard cups or soufflé dishes with butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour with salt.
4. In another bowl, beat eggs with electric beater until thick and pale.
5. Gradually add milk and 1 tablespoon melted butter and beat until well incorporated with the egg.
6. Add flour and beat into a smooth batter.
7. Pour the batter equally into the custard cups filling them 3/4th full.
8. Place cups on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt remaining butter over a medium low flame.
10. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour and gradually add broth stirring until well blended.
11. Simmer, stirring until thick and bubbly.
12. Add chicken, mushrooms, seasoned salt and nutmeg.
13. Take pan off the heat and.
14. Combine egg, cream and sherry and blend into the sauce.
15. Keep the sauce warm.
16. Remove the popovers from the oven when done and invert on a wire rack.
17. Split sides of hot popovers and fill with warm creamed chicken.