- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Oven Fried Popcorn Shrimp Recipe Video
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined (patted dry)|
|Original bisquick mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Old bay seasoning||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 219.6 mg
Sodium 1108.3 mg46.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 27 g54.1%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl stir together the Bisquick, 1 tablespoon paprika, 2 teaspoons old bay, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
3) In another medium bowl whisk the egg and milk together with a little more of the same seasonings used in the Bisquick.
4) Toss the shrimp into the egg mixture.
5) Place a few of the shrimps at a time into the dry mixture and toss around until well coated.
6) Place the coated shrimps on a foil lined baking sheet that has been heavily sprayed with nonstick spray.
7) Spray the shrimp heavily with cooking spray.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
9) Serve the hot shrimp with your choice of dipping sauce.