- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Popcorn Peanut Brittle Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted popped corn||1 Quart|
|Shelled peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), skinned|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1903 Calories from Fat 802
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.2%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 319.6 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.3%
Dietary Fiber 26.8 g107%
Sugars 88.6 g
Protein 31 g61.5%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 46.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a heavy saucepan, mix the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt. Then stir over a low heat to dissolve the sugar.
3) Cook over a medium heat until a little syrup dropped in icy water separates into hard and brittle threads.
4) Turn off the heat and immediately stir in the butter and vanilla till the butter melts.
5) In a well-greased shallow pan, spread the popped corn and nuts, then place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6) Pour the syrup over the popcorn-nut mixture, then mix and spread the mixture thinly over a flat surface.
7) Allow to cool and break into pieces.
8) Serve in a nice plate.