- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poor Man's Pudding Recipe
|Chopped suet||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seeded raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated bread||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1704 Calories from Fat 637
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.1%
Saturated Fat 37.3 g186.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.4 mg
Sodium 1546.8 mg64.4%
Total Carbohydrates 240 g80.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 92.2 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 80.6% Iron 55.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add in the chopped suet, raisins, currants and grated bread. Give it a little toss.
2) Now add the flour that has been sifted with baking powder and brown sugar.
3) Pour in the milk and for a smooth batter.
4) In a well greased mould, drop in dollops of the batter.
5) Place the mould in a covered sauce pan with water half way up to the sides of the mould.
6) Steam the pudding for 2 hours over low flame.
7) Remove the saucepan from heat. Turn out the pudding carefully onto a serving dish.
8) Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.