- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poolaki (A Persian Saffron & Sesame Candy) Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.1 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 50 g
Protein 0.7 g1.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak 1/4 Tsp of saffron for 20 minutes.
2. In a pot mix sugar with boiling water, white vinegar and the saffron.
3. Heat the pot over medium heat, stir occasionally.
4. Add sesame seeds to the pot and stir well. Continue simmering until the mixture changes color and becomes darker. Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool down.
5. Drop a spoon size mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet or aluminium foil sheet. Allow few minutes for the candies to harden.
6. Serve these as a snack or store in air tight containers and munch on anytime.