- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pommes Parisienne Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 114 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 82.9%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the potatoes, thoroughly clean in water and pat dry with paper towel.
2) Cut out potato balls, by pressing a 1-inch Parisienne cutter bowl within the potato and then by twisting to scoop out a neat potato ball. Use the leftover potatoes in soup or boiled and mashed.
3) Pat dry the potato balls with paper towel. Place aside.
4) In a large, heavy frying pan melt butter and oil. Add potato balls side by side making one layer of potato balls in the frying pan.
5) Shake the pan frequently over medium heat to sauté the potato balls for 15 minutes or until they turn crisp and brown. The inside should also feel soft when pierced with the point of a knife.
6) Sprinkle with salt and paper to season according to taste.
7) Transfer the tomato balls over paper towel to drain off extra oil.
8) Sprinkle parsley on top before serving the balls hot.