- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pommes Hasselback Recipe
|Russet potatoes||8 Medium, pounded|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.1 mg
Sodium 191.1 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut lengthwise into thin slices to make the bottom of potato will be flat.
3. Keeping flat side down, introduce crosswise slits along potato’s length at ¼ inch distance, leaving aside ¼ inch bottom.
4. Take a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, grease it and assemble potatoes in it.
5. In a bowl to prepare basil, pepper, salt and melted butter mixture and apply generously on the sliced potatoes.
6. Keep in 350° oven and bake for 45 minutes or till potatoes turn just tender. Brush butter occasionally.
7. Raise oven temperature to 450° and now top the potatoes with Parmesan cheese sufficient enough to stuff the slits made.
8. Bake for 15 more minutes or till potatoes become golden brown.
9. Using a slotted spoon, transfer baked potatoes to a serving dish.
10. Top with parsley and serve hot.