- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pommes Au Beurre Recipe
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (To Garnish)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 75.4 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 55.3%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and peel the potatoes.
2) Use a melon scoop or vegetable cutter, to cut the potatoes into small balls.
3) In a bowl, pour in ice water to dip the potato balls for 1 hour.
4) Drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
5) In a large frying pan or deep-fryer, add oil and heat to 370°F.
6) Fry the potato balls until golden.
7) Transfer the potato balls on paper towel to drain oil.
8) Liberally season the balls with salt and pepper.
9) In a skillet, add equal parts of butter and oil to heat up.
10) Place the potato balls into the skillet to sauté until brown and cooked through, just before serving.
11) Again drain on paper towels.
12) In a serving platter, place the potato balls and sprinkle with parsley to serve at once.