- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pomfret with Cape Gooseberry Sauce Recipe
|Pomfret fillet||16 (Use 12-16 Pieces)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying Fish)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon (Extracted From 1 Lime)|
|For cape gooseberry sauce|
|Cape gooseberries||1 1⁄2 Kilogram (Use Ripe Fruit)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1017 Calories from Fat 519
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.5%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 666.6 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 57 g114.2%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 40.3%
Calcium 24% Iron 31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and pat dry the fish.
2) Combine the ingredients for marinade and rub into fish and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
3) In a pan, place washed gooseberries with remaining ingredients for the sauce.
4) Over moderate heat, place the pan and simmer till gooseberries are soft and cooked.
5) Taste and adjust the sugar and the seasoning, if required.
6) In a frying pan, heat oil over moderate heat.
7) Into the seasoned flour, dip the fish fillets and fry in batched till it turns light golden on both the sides.
8) Serve with the hot sauce handed separately.