- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pomfret Mousse Recipe
|Pomfret fillets/Any other white fish fillets||1 1⁄4 Kilogram (Reserve Heads And Bones)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bechamel sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Gelatin||2 Tablespoon, dissolved in 8 tbsp water|
|Chopped pickled pimento||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lime)|
|Cream||300 Milliliter (With A Pinch Of Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , finely sliced|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.1 mg3.7%
Sodium 689.6 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 49 g97.8%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash fish head and bones.
2. Slice them into small bite-sized pieces.
2. In a pan combine fish heads, bones and cover with stock.
3. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. In another pan place chopped fish.
5. Strain in prepared stock.
6. Place pan over high heat and bring to boil.
7. Lower heat and simmer over medium flame for 4-6 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, cool and puree fish and stock in a blender or liquidizer.
9. In a mixing bowl, combine pureed fish with bechamel sauce.
10. Stir in dissolved gelatin and remaining ingredients for mousse.
11. Taste and adjust seasoning according to taste.
12. Pour mixture into a wetted jelly mold and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours until set.
13. Carefully unmold on to a wet serving platter. To do so, immerse the mold into a warm water bath for 10 seconds, place platter on top of mold and invert both mold and platter in one go. Give a gentle tap.
14. Garnish with tomato slices arranging them around mousse.
15. Sprinkle parsley over tomatoes.
16 Serve chilled accompanied with warm melba toasts or crackers.