- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pomfret In Champagne Recipe
|Pomfret/Sea sole / any other white fish||10 Large|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon, mixed|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 2549 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.4%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.2 mg
Sodium 2896.9 mg120.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 459 g918.8%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 44.9%
Calcium 189.6% Iron 131.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash fish, drain and pat dry.
2. Combine ingredients for marinade, rub into fish and marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
3. Remove fish from refrigerator and return to room temperature.
4. Heat butter with oil in a large frying pan.
5. Arrange fish in a single layer, sprinkle parsley, spring onions and pour over the champagne.
6. Simmer for 10-12 minutes till fish is cooked.
7. Remove fish on to a serving platter and keep warm
8. Into the liquid in the pan, blend in the cornflour mixture and bring to boil stirring constantly.
9. Reduce sauce to half.
10. Taking pan off the heat, gently stir in cream.
11. Reheat the sauce on a low flame, stirring continuously.
12. Spoon sauce over fish and serve with lemon wedges and parsley.