- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pomegranate Mold Recipe
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon slices||2 (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Tablespoon (3 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil/Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2072 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 251.9 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 452 g150.8%
Dietary Fiber 72.9 g291.8%
Sugars 357.8 g
Protein 69 g137.3%
Vitamin A 222.4% Vitamin C 313%
Calcium 44.4% Iron 50.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Make incision with a sharp knife, peel and remove seeds and juice from pomegranates.
3. Place seeds and juice in saucepan and bring to boiling with 1 3/4 cups water and lemon.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 min., or until color and flavor of seeds have been absorbed by the water.
5. Meanwhile, lightly oil mold with salad or cooking oil (not olive oil); invert mold and set aside to drain.
6. Pour 1 cup water into a small bowl.
7. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin evenly over water.
8. Let stand until softened.
9. Pour pomegranate mixture through a sieve. Remove and discard seeds and lemon slices. Reheat pomegranate liquid until very hot. Immediately stir softened gelatin into liquid and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add sugar stirring until dissolved.
10. Blend in grenadine and red food coloring.
11. Pour into mold and chill in refrigerator until firm.
12. Unmold. Garnish with curly endive.