- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polynesian Tuna Recipe
|Green pepper||1 Small, halved, seeded, and cut in strips|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth/2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||14 Ounce, drained and broken in chunks (2 Cans Of 7 Ounce Each)|
|Frozen chinese pea pods||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Diced pimientos||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chinese fried noodles||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.9 mg
Sodium 890.3 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 35 g69.7%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 51.9%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onion and green pepper in the butter or margarine until soft.
2) Stir in the mushrooms and liquid, water chestnuts, ginger, pepper, chicken broth and water, allow to boil. 3) Stir in the tuna and pea pods and simmer covered for 4 minutes.
4) In a cup, combine the cornstarch with a little water, stir into tuna mixture.
5) Gently stir and cook until the sauce is thick and boil for 3 minutes, then stir in the pimientos.
6) In the center of a deep platter or shallow dish, spoon the tuna mixture and surround with the fried noodles.