- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polynesian Pork Salad Recipe
|Canned sweet potatoes/6 medium-size sweet potatoes||18 Ounce, cooked, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (2 Cans, 1 Pound, 2 Ounces Each)|
|Canned hawaiian dressing||5 Tablespoon (Bottled)|
|Canned sliced pineapple||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Cubed cooked pork||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cut chives||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 404.7 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 13 g26.4%
Vitamin A 288.2% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl place sweet potatoes, drizzle over 4 tablespoons of the Hawaiian dressing and toss lightly to mix.
2. Chill at least an hour to season and blend flavors.
3. Keeping 5 of the pineapple slices aside for garnishing salad, cut up the remaining and in a medium-size bowl mix with pork.
4. In a cup blend remaining 1 tablespoon Hawaiian dressing, sour cream, honey and curry powder, pour over pork-pineapple mixture, toss lightly to mix and chill.
5. Line a salad bowl with romaine leaves just before serving and shred remaining into bottom.
6. In a layer on top place sweet-potato slices and in center, spoon pork mixture in a mound.
7. On wax paper roll edges of saved pineapple slices in chives, halve 3 slices and arrange in a ring around pork.
8. To serve top pork with a whole pineapple slice cut remaining slice in half cut one half in half again and arrange on top.