- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polynesian Chicken Salad Recipe
|Chicken breast||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Diced cooked chicken breast||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pineapple chunks||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
|Slivered toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||4 , sliced|
|Plain nonfat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain yoghurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Nonfat)|
|Fat free mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fat Free)|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||4 (for garnish)|
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.9%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.8 mg
Sodium 248.9 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 37 g73.4%
Vitamin A 501.7% Vitamin C 139.2%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, mix together diced chicken breast, pineapple chunks, celery, almonds and onions. Mix well and keep aside.
2) In a smaller bowl, combine the yoghurt with mayonnaise.
3) Pour the dressing over the chicken salad. Toss well.
4) On the serving platter, lay the lettuce leaves.
5) Spoon the Polynesian Chicken Salad over the lettuce and serve at room temperature.