- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Pollock Fish Pancakes Recipe Video
|Pollock||200 Gram, frozen (1 fillet)|
|Black peppercorn||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (for the dipping sauce)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Tablespoon (for the dipping sauce)|
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 257.1 mg85.7%
Sodium 698.9 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 29 g57.3%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 9% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take 1 frozen pollock fillet (about 200 grams) out of the package, rinse it in cold water and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Slice it into pieces at a 45 degree angle to get 8-9 pieces that are ⅛ inch thick x 2 inches x 3 inches.
3. Sprinkle a few pinches of salt and a bit of ground black pepper over the slices.
4. in a bowl place ⅓ cup of flour and add the fish slices and mix by hand to coat them with flour.
5. In a small bowl beat 2 eggs with a few pinches of salt.
6. Heat up a non-stick pan over medium high heat and add 1-2 tbs canola oil.
7. Dip each pollock slice in the beaten egg and place it onto the heated pan.
8. Lower the heat and cook for 1 minute, turn it over with a spatula and cook 1 more minute.
9. Add more oil if needed, and put more egg mixture on top of each slice if you want to make it yellower.
10. Chop up any of your favorite vegetables and mix it with the batter and make a pancake!
To make a fast dipping sauce:
11. In a bowl mix 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1/2 tablespoon vinegar.
12. Serve hot, warm or cool with the dipping sauce.