- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pollo Con Pedro Ximenez (Spanish Sherry Chicken) Recipe Video
|Garlic clove||15 Large|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken thighs||2 Pound|
|Chicken stock||6 Fluid Ounce|
|Orange juice||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Gram|
|Fortified sherry||6 Fluid Ounce (Pedro Ximenez)|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 126.4 mg
Sodium 362.8 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 75.3%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the garlic cloves. Saute them until they are soft and golden.
2. Add the onion and sweat until soft and translucent.
3. Arrange the boneless chicken thighs and brown them for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
4. Once the chicken is seared and the fat is rendered, remove the pieces onto a plate and set aside.
5. To the juices and garlic in the pan, add the chicken stock, orange juice, sherry vinegar and the Pedro Ximenez or fortified sherry. Reduce the liquid by simmering for 4-5 minutes. Stir to loosen the residue stuck to the bottom of the pan.
6. Return the chicken pieces to the sauce and simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is tender.
7. In the meantime, peel and segment the oranges.
8. When the chicken is cooked, remove the pieces to a serving platter.
9. Add the orange segments to the sauce in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
10. Remove the sauce to a sauce or gravy boat.
11. Serve the chicken with bread or over rice with the sauce poured on top.
12. Accompany with a glass of the Pedro Ximenez, Spanish Sherry