- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polka Dot Raisin Log Recipe
|Biscuit mix||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|10x confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), powdered|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 90.6 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 36.8 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the glaze for the loaf, combine 10x sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons water. Mix well. Keep aside
2. In a large bowl combine biscuit mix, brown sugar and orange rind.
3. Using a small wired whisk, stir in vigorously the eggs and water. Incorporate all the ingredients well.
4. Now gently fold in the chocolate peices, pecans and raisins. Don’t over mix or beat, it will create a leathery loaf.
5. In butter 5 cup loaf pan 9x5x3 or mould add the batter and evenly spread using a spoon. If the loaf pan is too large, the batter will only fill till half it’s size.
6. In a moderate oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit, cake for 30 minutes or until it rises and forms a golden coating. Wait for it to cool for 5 minutes and remove from the oven.
7. Using your knife loosen the edges and allow to cool completely before over inverting into a serving plate.
8. Drizzle the reserved glaze onto the log allowing it to drip down to the sides. Let stand until glaze sets. Slice crosswise; serve warm or cold.
9. Serve warm or cold with tea or coffee