- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polish Cucumber Soup Recipe
|Beet||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Commercial Type)|
|Consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Minced fennel/Dill||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.9 mg
Sodium 249.8 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 11% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Finely chop the beet tops after washing them properly.
2. Peel and finely chop the cucumbers.
3. Take a saucepan and place the chopped beet tops in it along with cold water.
4. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat by stirring it only once.
5. Drain the water and cool.
6. Add 2 cups of the finely chopped cucumber to the cooled beet tops.
7. Take a bowl and mix the consommé and sour cream in it.
8. Add the cucumber mixture to it and season with salt and pepper.
9. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
10. Chill it for 3-5 hours.
11. Serve the soup in cups after stirring it.
12. You can add chive, fennel, dill or parsley to it.
13. Garnish with cucumber or tiny shrimps