- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polish Cabbage Soup Recipe
|Lean pork||3⁄4 Pound, cut in small pieces|
|Canned condensed beef broth||10 1⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||240 Milliliter (2 soup cans)|
|Cabbage||1 Pound, shredded (4 cups)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sherry||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.8 mg
Sodium 1712.1 mg71.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 23 g45.5%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 90.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add butter to melt on medium heat.
2) Add pork to brown evenly.
3) Stir in remaining ingredients into the pork leaving the sour cream.
4) Cover the saucepan, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes by frequent stirring.
5) Serve in individual bowl and garnish with spoonful of sour cream.