- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polenta Shapes for Children Recipe Video
|Water||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Parmesan||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (Plus More For Sauteing)|
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.9 mg
Sodium 3164.1 mg131.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 45.1% Iron 47.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring 7 cups of water and salt to a boil.
3. Add polenta in a slow stream while whisking continuously to avoid lumps.
4. Turn heat to low and continue to stir with a wooden spoon until polenta thickens, 5-8 minutes (you may add more boiling water as needed to keep the polenta a smooth consistency).
5. Turn the heat off and add parmesan and butter. Stir to combine.
6. Pour onto a sheet tray and spread with the back of a spoon to cover the tray evenly. Cool.
7. Refrigerate the polenta for 30 minutes or covered up to 2 days.
8. Remove the sheet tray from the refrigerator and use cookie cutters to stamp out shapes.
9. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a saute pan over medium heat and cook the polenta shapes for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden (you can also serve these cold).
10. Eat polenta shapes on their own or serve with a red sauce.
For more information please visit: http://weelicious.com