- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polenta Parmesan Recipe
|Instant polenta||2 1⁄4 Ounce (Uncooked, Quick-Cooking Yellow Cornmeal)|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Ounce, grated|
|Garlic powder||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Part-skim mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.8 mg
Sodium 320.6 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 12 g25%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 30.3% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat a broiler by setting it to medium temperature.
2. Take a saucepan of capacity 11/2-quart and boil 11/2 cups of water in it.
3. Add the Parmesan cheese, polenta, garlic powder and margarine to it.
4. Decrease the heat until it is of medium temperature and cook for 4 minutes, stirring it continuously.
5. Take a flameproof pie pan of 8-inch and spray some nonstick cooking spray on it.
6. Add the mixture of polenta to the pie-pan.
7. Add the tomato sauce by pouring it over the polenta.
8. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and broil it for 2 minutes until the cheese becomes golden in color.
9. Serve hot.